Pimples and acne are two of the most dreadful skin problems for teenagers. Acne is a common problem among all age groups. Young teenagers, however, suffer tremendously from pimples during puberty.
Everyone gets a zit once in a while. We have all made the regretful decision of popping a zit as a teen. Over 85% of people have complained about suffering from such problems. Today we bring you some tips which can completely change your life. There are very few medicines which are known to give you concrete results. Many teenagers want to avoid an embarrassing route. Here are some popular homemade natural ways to get rid of pimples.
Different Natural Ways to Get Rid of Pimples:
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a common occurrence in most households. You can get the store-bought apple cider, but we recommend making it at home. You need to ferment the unfiltered apple juice. The overall process is quite simple. It is a known remedy for removing pimples and having clear skin. The vinegar is also acidic, which makes it a good antifungal and antibacterial agent. It will kill all the Propionibacterium acnes. These are responsible for leaving your skin damaged before prom. The apple cider also suppresses vinegar, which makes sure you don’t have any marks.
Steps to Apply:
- Mix the apple cider with water to dilute the mixture. A 1:3 ratio is maintained with the cider and water, respectively.
- Now, apply the mix gently on your face using a cotton ball. Dab it lightly to see the best results.
- Let it rest for about 30seconds before cleaning your face.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry using a face towel.
We dilute the apple cider because it is quite a strong vinegar. It can cause a minor burning sensation if it doesn’t mix properly.
2. Honey Cinnamon Mask
Homemade masks are quite helpful for you to cleanse and exfoliate your skin. Many concoctions can be created right at home. We recommend that you try these to get better results. Honey and cinnamon are both rich in antioxidant properties. It is a must to remove all the dead cells from your skin. Honey makes your skin soft, and cinnamon helps to heal the damaged parts of the skin. It is a much better solution than using artificial chemicals. The homemade remedy is available within a few minutes. They are useful in keeping your acne-prone skin safe from breakouts. It is more of prevention instead of a cure.
Steps to Apply:
- Start with two tablespoons of honey in a small bowl and one teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Mix this concoction well to form a paste and apply it to your skin.
- Cleanse your face with face wash and scrub, and you can use any brand that you like. We recommend Neutrogena products to our readers.
- Apply this face mask to your skin and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. You can enjoy stress-free self-care time.
- Wash your face thoroughly to rinse off the face mask. Pat dry using a face towel.
- Repeat the process every other day to see consistent results. You can make it a part of your night routine.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a plant extract that is home to a lot of medicinal properties. The oil is known to have antibacterial properties. Many people use this as a spot treatment for pimples. It can also tremendously reduce all skin inflammation caused by acne. It comes in many different concentration amounts. The 5% tea tree oil is known for its effective treatment of pimples. It is not an instant fix for your acne situation. Instead, it will act a little slow in comparison to chemical options. Tea tree oil works perfectly for people with sensitive skin conditions. It will work to improve skin dryness and irritation problems. Overall it is a great natural fit for your pimples.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil:
- You need to mix tea tree oil with water in a 1:9 ratio. It will help you get the 5% mix for your skin.
- Use a cotton swab to gently dab the blend across the affected areas on your skin.
- You can leave it overnight or wash it after 20 minutes.
- Using moisturizers can be a good idea for people with dry skin.
- Try this routine every day consistently for a few days to see results.
4. Aloe Vera
The Aloe vera plant is multifunctional and has many medicinal properties. It is a natural ingredient used in many skin care products. It is better if you use the real deal without the chemicals. Aloe can be beneficial for millions of people facing acne problems. The aloe vera gel extract is present in many moisturizers, lotion, creams, and soaps. It can help to heal burns, treat cuts, reduce inflammation, and fight pimples. The salicylic acid present in the gel helps fight the acne-causing bacteria. Sulfur is also quite potent in the extract and used in many treatments. You can get the gel by cutting an aloe vera and extracting it from the thick skin.
Steps to use aloe vera extract:
- You need to extract the aloe vera gel from the leaves. A spoon can help you tremendously with the task.
- Use the gel directly as a moisturizer on your face.
- Make moisturizing using Aloe vera a practice in your routine. It will keep your skin fresh and safe from pimples.
Aloe vera is a useful prevention tool for your skin problems. There has been no scientific research done to prove its efficiency.
5. Fish oil
Fish oil is a necessary and healthy fatty acid extract for consumption. Omega-three fatty acids help keep your body and skin healthy. If you want to enjoy a youthful look, then it is a known solution. These healthy fats are often not present in our regular diets. It is a good idea to take supplements for such necessary nutrition. These tablet supplements consist of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). They are known to keep your cholesterol, stress, and unhealthy fat in check. It also prevents your skin from getting oily, which is a major cause of pimples.
Overall you can reduce your stress and pimples at the same time. The EPA and DHA also reduce inflammatory factors, which can help prevent scars. To get glowing and smooth skin, pair this with appropriate hydration and diet. Consuming salmon, sardines, walnuts, anchovies, and chia seeds give you omega-three fatty acids.
The natural ways to get rid of pimples don’t give you a magical solution. Instead, these are regular skincare routines and lifestyle changes. One needs to eat healthily and drink enough water to have clear skin. We all want to look perfect, and making minor changes can help us go a long way. Overall your skincare is in your hands. In this guide, we covered many positive changes that will help you get rid of acne. Try the natural ingredients to get your perfect skin.